AGREEN CAPITAL ESG PRINCIPLES ON FOOD & BEVERAGE INDUSTRY
For Agreen Capital is fundamental how the companies in the Food & Beverage Industry produces, and distributes the products.
The production and consumption of Food & Beverage products triggers ESG implications.
To ensure long term sustainability, the Food & Beverage industry shall improve ESG performance of their products and processes, and meet the consumers’ needs for food safety, nutrition, health, life style, and product choice.
The five pillars on which Agreen Capital focuses its specific assessment on the Food & Beverage sustainability are:
- Resources efficiency and waste management
- Energy efficiency
- Sustainable water consumption
- Packaging impact / recyclability
- Transport and distribution responsibility
CLUB DEAL APPROACH
Agreen Capital and the Club Deal integrate the ESG and sustainability strategy along the entire investment cycle, from origination / screening activities to the development and exit phases.
Origination / screening phase
• Assessment on the target status on ESG and sustainability areas, including due diligence on internal competences, commitment of shareholders and management
• Assessment on the value creation perspectives of the industry, market, company, and products, related to the ESG and sustainability areas
• Market, sector, industry and company risks assessment related to the ESG and sustainability areas
Portfolio management and development
• Affiliation to UN PRI
• Key ESG responsible for each Club Deal investment
• Identification of metrics, benchmark, and goals
• Identification and implementation of an ESG tailored strategy
• Continuous reporting and interaction with Agreen Capital ESG Team
• Measurement of performance and results
Agreen Capital Club Deal structures investments in the Food of the Future. The Vision of Agreen Capital is “Better Food, Better World, Better Peformance”.
Agreen Capital is firmly convinced that the successful implementation of the above ESG tailored strategy will consistently improve the performance and the marketability of the Club Deal portfolio, and therefore the value and the attractiveness of the participations for IPOs, secondary, and trade sale.